It’s Friday! Time for an update on what is currently awesome.
1. Fresh flowers – some I picked from the yard, some are a gift from neighbors:
2. Easter eggs, both the dyeing and hunting of:
3. Easter candy – we now have an obscene amount of sugary treats in the house, post-Easter. If I could figure out a way to make a nutritive meal with jelly beans, I wouldn’t have to go grocery shopping for a month. But the best Easter candy of all is Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. To wit – they were my dinner last night…
4. Silly games. Last Saturday, we held a little ‘Minute To Win It’ style competition with friends. There’s something freeing about just playing and humiliating yourself a little bit.
5. Spray canola oil. Who knew that it could keep squirrels out of our birdfeeder? Jon sprayed the post with a liberal amount of the stuff, and the birdseed buffet has been closed for those rodents. Now the birds are actually fed from our birdfeeder – what a concept!
6. Kids who catch on to things quickly. Evan just showed me that he can log onto the family computer, open the browser and find http://www.pbskids.com all by himself. Once again, benign neglect rules here at Chez Lupton.
7. Cheap nifty stuff from Ikea. Ikea is awesome all the time, but these are the specifics I picked up this week. They now sell plastic baggies (Istad) with the cutest designs on them. They also sell wooden hangers (Bumerang – har, har) for less than a dollar a piece. Every time I go to Ikea, I pick up several packs of the Bumerangs, and I’ll keep doing so until my closet is 100% Bumerang!
Hope your week is filled with awesome! It’s everywhere, if you look…