- Got my nails done. I get a manicure about once every ten years, whether I need it or not. My hands look terrible with polish – my fingers are are on the stubby side, and I never pick a flattering shade for my skin tone. But, like moth to flame, every decade I’m drawn to the salon to give it a go, just for kicks. I managed to smudge only two nails before leaving the salon this time. I’ll aim for a better average in 2022.
- Got a Brazilian wax. This may be too much information for some of you, but such an out-of-character action must not be left off of a list of foolish things. Did it hurt? Of course. Did it look great afterwards? Not especially. Will I do it again? Nope – I’ll stick with the razor from here on out.
- The whole reason I went through the idiocy of #2 was that I bought a bikini and wanted to be less hairy (if I couldn’t be more tan), to be seen in public in it. Then I…
- …wore said bikini in public. There were no pictures taken, so there is no proof that I walked about in a modest two-piece swimsuit, but trust me, I did. It was…pale.
- Expected the weather to be cool and spring-like. The mercury hit 80 degrees here today, with more temps in the mid-eighties to come through the weekend. Sometimes I hate the South. When will I get the chance to wear my new blazer?
- Tried the Level Three workout on Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred dvd. I’ve never cursed so much at my television – well, since Bush left office, that is. (Sorry, Republican/Tea Party/Libertarian friends. But you’re getting your chance to curse at your tvs, now!)
- With a family of four to feed, went with the thought, ‘I don’t know what we’ll have for dinner. I’ll just wing it, I guess.’
- Walked from the Mirage Casino to the Bellagio fountains on the Las Vegas Strip in the highest-heeled shoes I own. The Bellagio is only two casinos down from the Mirage, but what I forgot is that Cesar’s Palace is about a bazillion miles long. I’ll be wearing flat, sensible shoes for the rest of my thirties as a consequence.
- Took my children to get their hair cut at one of those walk-in places with no back-up plan in case of a long wait. We sat for at least twenty minutes with only my phone to keep the two kids occupied. Rookie move. It’s a miracle we all made it out alive.
- Scrubbed my kitchen cabinets. Who do I think I am, Martha Stewart?
Forewarned is forearmed, folks. Don’t make the same mistakes I did.